Astun Technology is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to oversee the delivery of geospatial solutions to our public and private sector customer base and to support the development team in product delivery using Agile methodologies (Scrum).
The role itself will be tailored to the level of experience of the successful candidate. Options are available for this to be either an independent ‘management level’ role for any candidates with a significant existing Project Management track record or a closely supervised ‘entry level’ role ideal for Project Administrators / Managers wishing to gain career experience. Remuneration packages would naturally reflect the level of responsibility expected.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer career development, an empowered, supportive and friendly working environment and a competitive reward package, company pension scheme and up to 25 days holiday.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK without restriction. Our Head Office is in Epsom, Surrey. Applicants will be able to work from home, on the proviso that regular trips to the office in Epsom can be accommodated as and when required. Candidates to specify salary requirements when applying.
A self-starter and team player, your enthusiasm and commitment to extend your skills base is paramount. The role will entail:
- Managing the delivery of billable customer projects of varying size (typically between 10 and 50 days) and occasionally 100+
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of all consultants time on billable projects
Maintaining and managing all project management deliverables (e.g. writing up project iniation documents, conference calls and meeting notes, project reports, maintaining risk and issue registers etc.)
- Maintaining the overall project register and detailed project tracking systems
- Forecasting monthly billings on projects
- Liaising with finance on project invoicing
- Scheduling, co-ordinating and supporting the delivery of training courses
- Coordinating requests for consultancy support from other internal stakeholders (e.g. sales)
- Managing follow up actions from sales team account management reviews
- Chairing internal weekly projects call
[Note: for ‘entry level’ PM / Project Administrator candidates, above activities would be under close supportive supervision].
Astun would also welcome candidates with prior experience in Agile methodologies, in particular Scrum. For such candidates the role will also include:
- Acting as Scrum Master on product development work.
- Championing the adoption of Agile across the organisation
The successful candidate will combine prior Project Management experience in the IT sector with the following attributes:
- Extremely well organised
- Highly self motivated
- Articulate and personable
- Excellent written skills, with emphasis on clear and concise style
- Strong commercial acumen with good skills of diplomacy
- Highly confident with complex IT systems (emphasis on self learning rather than step by step instruction)
Experience of the following is highly desirable but not essential:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Formal project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum; Kanban)
- Working with public sector organisations (especially local government)
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary including travel to and from client sites with occasional overnight stays, as required.
- Astun Technology is a hard-working collaborative and friendly company with a relaxed dress code and regular social events. We even have a table tennis table!
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with 3 excellent reasons why you would be perfect for this position.
Further details about working at Astun can be viewed here.