Why choose Astun for training?
- Enterprise grade, accredited training courses
- Many of our trainers are OSGeo Charter members
- Source code committers to various projects
- Domain experts with years of hands on experience
- Provided training since 2010
"we don't walk you through a course, we teach you what you need to know"
Astun is a first class Open Source citizen
- we contributed in excess of £10,000 to various Open Source projects as sponsorship and / or funding code development.
- we contributed over 90 person days of our staff’s time in helping with events, code sprints, hacks and other activities.
- we are extremely proud that our team have given up around 25 days of their own personal time for various community contributions including volunteering for MapAction and contributing to open source code sprints.
Investing in Astun is also investing in the community
- "Small group meant the training was customized to our needs."
- "The trainer was fantastic and was great to have a real expert in her field training us."
- "A competent SQL skill level should be a pre requisite as the course moves pretty fast."
Open Source GIS Training Courses
Know more to complete tasks faster
Astun offers certified training courses on the administration of iShare and on key OSGeo software applications to ensure you get the most out of your investment. Our courses are accredited for CPD points by the AGI.
- iShare administration
- iShare for web developers
- PostGIS Essentials (2 days)
- PostGIS DBA Essentials (1 day)
- QGIS Essentials (2 days)
- QGIS Advanced (1 day)
- QGIS Enterprise (1 day)
- GeoServer Essentials (2 days)
- GeoServer Advanced (1 day)
- GeoServer Wizard (variable)
- Python Essentials (1 day)
- Python for QGIS (1 day)
Book your place
Discounts and Savings
- Students enjoy a 30% discount on our training courses when paying online. Add the STUDENT30 discount code at checkout
- Purchase multiple courses or delegates online and receive a 10% discount automatically
We run public courses in Bristol (a 10 minute walk from Temple Meads railway station) and at our Epsom offices (25 minutes from Central London by train) but increasingly at a venue to suit you. We can also run a bespoke course to suit your organisation wherever required.
All delegates receive printed support material including a course manual and installation guides. All of this material together with appropriate software and workshop data will also be supplied on a USB flash drive. Courses are run using laptops supplied and configured by us.
Can't make the date?
If you would like to attend one of our courses but are unable to make the date or venue advertised then please contact us here, with details of what course you would like to attend and where you are based, and we will get back in touch with you once additional dates and venues are available.
Join our waiting list
If an advertised course is full, then contact us here to join our waiting list. If we have any cancellations we will let you know when a place becomes available or will get in touch with you once future dates are available.