Astun Technology is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help deliver its Enterprise Open Source geo-solutions in the cloud. Astun Enterprise geospatial solutions are in place with over 50 local authorities, police and private companies. The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer career development, an empowered, supportive and friendly working environment and a competitive reward package, company pension scheme and up to 25 days holiday.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK without restriction. The role will be based at our Head Office in Epsom, Surrey.
A self-starter and team player, your enthusiasm and commitment to extend your skills base is paramount together with excellent technical skills, knowledge and technical understanding of Linux, Windows Server networking, Python, databases and Amazon Web Services.
The principal functions included in this role are:
- Monitoring and managing our cloud based solutions, currently based on Amazon Web Services
- Building databases in excess of 500GB from various data sources in an automated fashion
- Provision of a telephone support service and remote server administration
- Python scripting against Amazon Web Services, file systems and databases
- Server administration (Linux and Windows) - including setup, configuration, security, task automation etc.
- Networking skills - including internet protocols, firewalls, load balancing, web server administration, building virtual private clouds
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary including travel to and from client sites with occasional overnight stays, as required.
SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance for work with a variety of Police Authorities and Government departments
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with 3 excellent reasons why you would be perfect for this position.