This documents sets out the current terms and conditions of iShare in the Cloud Support for all Astun customers. This version supersedes all previous versions of these terms and conditions.
Astun reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions by giving 60 days notice by email and posting the current version at:
iShare in the Cloud Support
iShare Support comprises two elements:
- iShare in the Cloud Application Support, which is included within your iShare in the Cloud Open Enterprise Agreement
- iShare in the Cloud Customer Specific Support, which is called off against the Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service days that you have pre-purchased
- iShare Application Support is limited to the iShare applications detailed within your iShare Open Enterprise Agreement and queries and problems that relate to those applications.
- The Customer agrees to ensure that at least one nominated member of staff is suitably trained in the management and use of the iShare in the Cloud applications that are covered by this support agreement, and that from time to time they will undertake appropriate update training (at the Customer’s expense) if so requested by Astun.
- Astun will usually s how or i nstruct the Customer how to resolve a problem or achieve a result rather than d oing it on their behalf.
- Astun will refer the Customer to our Frequently Asked Questions, or to the Support Forum on the Astun Support site, or send written instructions for the resolution of a query or problem if applicable.
- If, in our opinion, the quickest resolution to a problem will be achieved by Astun support staff having direct online access to a Customer’s system we will notify you and request such access
- Any cost of licenses for access or other related cost shall be the Customer’s responsibility
- The customer undertakes to provide prompt access, any costs incurred by Astun or the Customer due to delays in providing access shall be the Customer’s responsibility
- If you require Astun to undertake tasks that are, in our opinion, within the reasonable scope of a competent trained system administrator you will be required to make a request using outstanding pre-purchased Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service days (GCGCCSD) or to purchase additional Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service days.
- All support provision is subject to our Fair Use Policy.
What is included in iShare in the Cloud Application Support
- Subject to payment of the Fees as detailed in the Schedule of your iShare in the Cloud Open Enterprise Agreement Astun shall provide the following iShare in the Cloud Support:
- Advice on maintaining iShare in the Cloud
- Access to official iShare in the Cloud and community forums
- Advice on configuring and extending iShare in the Cloud
- Instructions on how to remedy common faults
- Resolution of issues related directly to a serious flaw in iShare in the Cloud
- The Customer may obtain iShare in the Cloud Application support by logging a request on Astun’s Support Portal
- Astun will allocate an employee to any new case (support incident) and provide a Case Identifier to the Customer. The employee shall be responsible for contacting the Customer, and diagnosing and resolving the case
- The provision of support is dependent upon the Customer providing adequate information to enable Astun to diagnose and reproduce any errors in the Application at Astun’s own offices
- Astun will provide the support service during normal working hours, which are between 0900 and 1700 GMT, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays
- Astun will implement any iShare patches (error corrections) within a maximum of 7 days of release
What is included in iShare in the Cloud Customer Specific Support
(NB: Time deducted from Customer’s Geospatial Consultancy Service days)
- iShare in the Cloud Customer Specific Support includes advice on or resolution of problems with:
- Any custom web page, data configuration or data manipulation processes
- Custom configuration of Applications
- Bespoke developments
- Integration with other systems
- Additional support required because of any changes, alterations, additions, modifications or variations to the customer’s IT infrastructure other than those arising due to the introduction of iShare in the Cloud Updates
- Attendance to faults caused by using the Applications outside design or other specifications or outside the provisions laid down in any documentation or manual supplied with the Applications
- Applications not included within this Agreement
- The underlying OSGeo technologies on which the Applications are built (including but not limited to PostGIS, MapServer and OpenLayers)
- Diagnosis and/or rectification of problems not associated with the Applications
- Astun will deduct the appropriate amount of time from GCGCCSD Hours (see below) (or if such hours are not prepurchased make additional charges) for Site Specific Support requested by the Customer regardless of whether or not it is specifically covered 1.i to 1.x above
iShare in the Cloud Updates
- Astun will notify the Customer of its release strategy from time to time and, provided the Fees are paid, will make available to the Customer at no further cost iShare in the Cloud Updates within 30 days of release
- Astun will evaluate the impact of an iShare update on a customer’s specific implementation and advise on any additional work required
- The Customer may request Astun to provide additional services identified in 2 above by utilising Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service days or by purchasing additional Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service Days
- The Customer is responsible for testing iShare in the Cloud Updates at their own expense
Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service Days for Call Off (GCGCSD)
- Customers are encouraged to prepurchase a block of Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Service days for call off (GCCSD) for iShare in the Cloud Customer Specific Support
- The Customer must provide a nominated contact who will be responsible for the creation of consultancy requests
- The nominated contact will be responsible for acceptance of any deliverables
- Where deliverables have neither been accepted nor has written comment been received within six weeks of delivery then the Astun will consider the deliverables as accepted
- Astun provides GCCSD on a time and materials basis. GCCSD Days are based on 7 hours per day(“GCCSDHours”). GCCSDHoursarerecordedin30minuteintervalswithpartsthereofbeing considered as 30 minutes.
- A monthly statement of GCCSD Hours used will be provided to the nominated contact
- Prepurchased blocks of GCCSD Days must be used within twelve months of purchase and cannot be carried forward to subsequent years
- The price and terms and conditions for GCCSD are detailed in Astun’s Geospatial Cloud Consultancy Services Service Definition
- The scheduling of consultancy requests is to be by agreement between Astun and the Customer
- Faults shall be classified as to the severity of effect that they have on the Customer’s working or operating system. The severity classification shall be used to determine the response time for returning the system and Applications to a fully operational state. Astun shall ensure all faults in the Applications shall be classified as follows:
- Severity Class A – Emergency: Any Applications problem resulting in serious loss or degradation of service or serious loss of functionality.
- Severity Class B – Urgent: Any Applications problem that reduces system security or data integrity, or which represents a serious threat to service.
- Severity Class C - Non-urgent: Low level Applications or procedural problems requiring resolution in defined time scales.
- Severity Class D – Low: Other low level Applications or procedural problems
Target Response Times
This section sets out the target response times to be achieved by Astun, so far as reasonable and practicable, in response to calls logged by the Customer.
|Call Category||Remote Response||Resolution (from date and time of call being logged)|
|Severity Class A||4 hours||1 working day|
|Severity Class B||8 hours||1 working day|
|Severity Class C||5 working days||5 working days|
|Severity Class D||10 working days||Next release of application|
We will allocate a specific and suitably qualified employee to any reported error in the software and provide a Case Identifier to the customer, allowing them to track progress in our support system. In the event of a fault not being resolved to the satisfaction of the customer, the issue will initially be handled by the customer’s Account Manager with the option to escalate to the Managing Director.
Fair Use Policy
The aim of this policy is to ensure that no single client dominates Astun’s support services to such an extent that it compromises the service it offers to the rest of its clients.
Related Terms and Conditions
- Astun Digital Services & Data Protection Terms (inc relation to GDPR)
Last updated 25th May 2018